Unpleasant odour from the oral cavity
- Poor brushing techniques
- Gum disease due to infections in the mouth
- Tobacco smoking and chewing
- Systemic conditions or illnesses, such as liver disease, kidney disease, lung disease etc.
- Decayed teeth
- Treat underlying condition
- Drink plenty of water every day to encourage saliva production
- Use of sugar free gum
- Dietary changes, like use of raw carrots, as recommended by your dentist or nutritionist
- Advise on brushing teeth thoroughly at least twice daily.