Ischaemic heart disease (IHD) is the most common cause of death worldwide.
Encouraging cardiovascular health is not only about preventing IHD: health entails the ability to exercise, and enjoying vigorous activity (within reason!) is one of the
best ways of achieving health.
Encouraging cardiovascular health is not only about preventing Ischaemic heart disease (IHD): health entails
Exercise is good because of it
• Lowers Blood Pressure
• Increases ‘good’ high-density lipoprotein (HDL)
• It can prevent osteoporosis
• Improve glucose tolerance
• Augment immune function (e.g. in cancer and if HIV+ve).
• People who improve and maintain their fitness live longer: